How to delete Yelp account 2021/2022 (Follow the steps)
Yelp is an excellent resource for business owners. I will explain Yelp briefly for those not familiar with it.
Before you delete your Yelp profile, it is crucial that you fully understand Yelp.
Yelp was founded in 2004 as a business directory and crowdsourced review site. Its headquarters are in San Francisco.
Yelp was built to assist business owners in listing their business to make it easier for potential clients and customers to find them. Yelp lets people leave reviews about you and your services.
These reviews will make it more likely that you’ll get customers and clients.
Yelp is not just for reviews. You can also use it to search events, list and chat with other Yelpers. Yelp accounts are easy and free to set up. A Yelp account is free for business owners. You can post photos and messages to customers.
You may decide that you don’t want to continue using your Yelp Account, whether your personal Yelp Account for reviews or your business Yelp Account.
How can you get rid of it? We will tell you how to delete it in this article. I’ll show you how to delete your Yelp business account and personal Yelp account.
Before I show you how to delete your Yelp account, please note the following:
By closing your personal Yelp account, all your reviews, posts, pictures, and activity on Yelp will be removed. You will also have to use a desktop browser to close your account.
For business owners, when you delete your Yelp business account, you are only giving up control of your business listing. You CANNOT remove a business listing, unless you contact Yelp directly and plead your case.
Having said these, let me now take you through the process on how to delete your Yelp account.
How to Delete Yelp Account
Like I indicated earlier in this article, there are 2 types of Yelp account- Yelp personal account and Yelp business account. Hence, in this section, I will show you how to close them.
How to delete your Yelp account on a computer
1. Open up a web browser on your Mac or PC and log in to your Yelp account.
2. After you log into your Yelp account, head to the Yelp Account Closure page to send in a request to terminate your Yelp account.
3. On the Yelp Account Closure page, type in a message of explanation (or even just one character) in the text box and hit “Send.”
How to Close Yelp Business Account
You can unclaim your Yelp page to remove access to the claimed business page.
Keep in mind, however, that closing a business profile does not erase the business page on Yelp.
1. Login to your Yelp business account.
2. Go to this page https://www.yelp.com/support/contact/business_unclaim/
3. Find your business listing with the form there.
4. Select the business, confirm it is yours by checking the address.
5. Write a detailed explanation as to why you require your Yelp business listing to be closed. Be sure to give detailed reasons.
6. Click submit to submit your request.
7. A mail will be sent to your email associated with your Yelp business account. Follow the instructions on the mail to close your Yelp business account.