The Chevening Scholarships 2020/2021 is a UK government scholarship that’s awarded to international students who demonstrate leadership potential and who also have strong educational backgrounds.
The scholarship offers financial support to research for a master’s degree at any UK university and the chance to become part of a successful global community of 50,000 alumni.
Chevening Scholarship 2020 requirements:
To Apply the Ongoing Chevening scholarships 2020, you must be able to have the below listed Requirements.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2020
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2020
Steps on How to Apply for Chevening Scholarships 2020/2021
On how to participate on the ongoing chevening scholaships 2020 is to be proceed after you have been able to provide the above requirement.
Through you can still visit Chevening website to follow up on the application.
- Chevening Scholarships 2020/2021 English Language Requirements
English language tests
Below you will find information about the Chevening English Language requirement that will be relevant for those applying to study in 2021/2022.
You are free to take tests as many times as necessary to meet Chevening’s English language requirement. Please note that Chevening does not pay for costs associated with English language testing. You are responsible for booking and paying for costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
• Academic IELTS (paper or computer-based)
• Pearson PTE Academic
• TOEFL iBT
• C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge English: Advanced [CAE])
• Trinity ISE II (B2)
The English language test must have been taken from one of these providers on or after 1 October 2018. If you do not already have an existing eligible test certificate, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have booked a test date so that you can obtain the required results.
Applicants are not permitted to take pre-sessional courses to fulfil Chevening’s English language requirement. You will be required to take one of the approved English language tests unless you fall into one of the exempt categories.
Applicants are not permitted to enrol on pre-sessional courses to fulfil their university’s English language requirement or any other conditions of a university offer. Any offer from a university with a requirement to undertake a pre-sessional course will be considered conditional.