The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) was made to attract and keep world-class pupils and to brand Canada as a worldwide center of excellence in research and higher education. VCS supports pupils who exhibit both leadership abilities and a high level of scholarly achievement in graduate research in social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and technology, and health.
How to apply for Vanier Canadian Scholarship 2020/2021
Below is how to participate on the ongoing Vanier Canadian Scholarship 2020:
This scholarship worth $50,000 per year for three years and is available to both Canadian & international PhD students studying at Canadian universities.
Candidates must be nominated by the university at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
It is important to go through the Application requirements in the Scholarship Webpage below before applying
Vanier Canadian Scholarship Eligibility:
- Applicants must be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- Applicants must be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent.
- Applicants must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- For Students: Consult nominating institution for submission deadline.
- For nominating institutions: Deadline: 3rd November, 2020 (20:00 EDT).
Eligible Countries: All
Type: Doctoral (PhD)
Eligible Field of Studies:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
Value and Duration of Scholarship: $50,000 annually for three years.
Number of Scholarship: Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually.
Leave a Comment